Benefits of CCTV System
Home and Business Security
Homes and businesses with security camera surveillance are far less likely to be burglarized or vandalized. Security cameras don’t do anything to physically prevent crime from happening, but it does help to deter crimes from happening. Homeowners now use them to deter criminals from trespassing and to keep their families safe. Businessowners today use them for crime deterrent to keep their business and employees safe.
Installing a CCTV system will instantly act to deter criminals. Seeing a CCTV system installed at the site will discourage them to commit a crime. This is effective for both internal and external security as areas in or around the premises are monitored.
Peace of Mind
The peace of mind or sense of security when knowing that all areas of the premises are being monitored. Eliminate the worry of what is happening on-site when you are not physically there or when the business is closed late at night, perhaps at weekends, or over the holidays.
Recorded footage from CCTV system can be a great source of evidence when settling with insurance claims. This is a major benefit of having a surveillance system installed and can be used to protect your business and employees.
Benefits of IP Cameras
IP Cameras VS Analogue Cameras
An analogue camera is a traditional camera used in CCTV systems. It sends video over cable to VCRs or DVRs. An IP Camera is connected via an ethernet cable or wirelessly via an existing WIFI network. They capture and process video and audio data. The data is then sent and received over the internet or local area network (LAN). But what are the benefits of an IP Cameras when compared to the traditional Analogue Cameras?
- Video quality and resolutions: IP Camera systems offer far superior image quality and high resolution where you can see the same level of details as the live image when you playback the recorded footage.
- PoE capabilities: IP cameras can be powered over Ethernet cable
- Wireless: Wireless network connections can be a solution for areas where it’s too difficult or expensive to run cable.
- Distance: A high resolution IP Camera can cover up the same amount of area covered by 4 low resolution camera
- Intelligence and manageability: IP cameras offer network intelligence and remote accessibility. They can stream images, videos, live to different recipients simultaneously through remote control.
- Ease of installation: IP cameras can accept power, video, audio, PTZ control, and control signals over a single cable. While Analogue cameras may require cabling for power, audio, video separately.
- Security and Reliability: IP systems have built-in reliability due to the data encryption and compression. They encrypt and compress data before transmitting data over the Internet to your server and they have VPN support.